Under eye filler treatment provides a quick non-surgical approach to refresh the eye area. Under eye fillers are used to address several cosmetic concerns including hollows or tear trough, dark circles, eye bags and under eye wrinkles. The best under eye filler varies, depending on your concerns. Also called tear trough fillers when used to treat the undereye area from hollowing. We offer a free assessment at the outset to determine which filler or alterative approach will help with your concern.
Under Eye Fillers for Tear Troughs
Tear troughs filler is used to rejuvenate dark circles, eye bags and under-eye hollows. The tear trough develops under the eye from volume loss in the area. The face fat pads that are present in youth gradually deflate and move south, leading to hollowing, the formation of dark circles and the appearance under-eye bags. These factors combine to give a tired and more aged look. When used for rejuvenation of under-eye hollows or dark circles, the term tear trough filler is used.
Under Eye Filler for Dark Circles
There are different causes for Dark circles under the eyes. They can also be caused by, volume loss, pigmentation or from superficial blood vessels. Each cause has a different approach and only dark circles from volume loss respond to under eye filler treatment.
- The volume loss process starts in mid to late 30’s. However, some people have less fat, and the appearance of dark under eye circles can appear earlier.
- fillers can help lift and lessen the appearance.
- The skin in the tear trough area is quite thin, so care and experience are necessary to treat this area to achieve a good result. Always check how much experience your injector has with under eye fillers!
Under Eye Filler For Eye Wrinkles.
Another common use of under-eye fillers is for treatment of under-eye wrinkles. This concern commonly occurs in combination with other aesthetic concerns. Careful use of small amounts of anti-wrinkle injections can be used in conjunction with under-eye filler for the treatment of wrinkles.
What Are The Best Under Eye Fillers?
The best under eye fillers for rejuvenation depends on what is happening with your face.
Tear Trough Filler
When the concern is primarily with under-eye hollows, a thick filler placed lower is often the best approach and can be used in combination with cheek fillers. However, depending on your skin and fat around the eye, a more superficial or thin filler can be chosen.
Treatment of Dark Circles & Under Eye Wrinkles.
Another approach to treating dark circles and wrinkles is using collagen therapy such as PRP (platelet-rich plasma). This is also known as the Vampire facial and can be used alone or again in combination with a thin under-eye dermal filler. PRP injections require your blood be taken, spun in a centrifuge and then re-injected into the areas requiring restoration. Dermal fillers can be added in once the platelet-rich plasma has been extracted. The tear trough fillers provide immediate results, while the PRP injections effects develop slowly.
Who Would Benefit from Tear Trough Fillers?
Tear trough fillers are a form of treatment for people with under-eye bags which are not ready for surgery. Not everyone is suitable for this non-surgical approach. It also could be ideal for people that have:
- Dark circles under the eye caused by volume loss and shadowing
- A tired or drawn look due to the depletion of natural volume under-eye
- Under-eye wrinkles.
There are several options available for the treatment of under-eye wrinkles, dark circles or eye bags, including surgery. Our Doctors will assess you and be able to discuss your options besides tear trough filler.
What Is Involved In Under Eye Filler Treatment?
- You need to allow up to an hour for the treatment.
- A needle or cannula is used.
- Surprisingly this treatment is not that painful, as the skin around the eye is less sensitive than other areas of the face.
- There is no downtime after a tear trough filler treatment. However, most people choose to get this at the end of the day so they can go home.
- There can be redness and swelling after treatment, although this tends to be minimal.
- The area around the eye is vascular, and the risk of bruising after under eye filler treatment is quite high.
There is a small risk of more severe side effects which our Doctors will go over comprehensively in your free consultation. Massage can treat any small lump of the product being visible or dissolved if persistent.
Over time and are caused by volume loss and changes the mid-face region. Under eyes, puffiness or bags develop from weakness to the muscles under the eye area.
- Under-eye filler treatment can lessen the shadow appearance of dark circles and improve the cosmetic appearance of puffiness or ‘under-eye bags’.
Under Eye Fillers Cost
The cost of tear trough filler treatment varies depending on the presentation; however, expect around $900 with our Doctors. Our Doctors have several years of experience in the use of under-eye fillers. They offer a complimentary assessment and will go over what is involved in the treatment as well as be able to give you an accurate quote.