Seborrheic keratosis treatment is a simple & quick in-clinic process. Also called senile or seborrheic warts they are benign and removed for cosmetic reasons. The appear progressively over time on the face, scalp and body. No-one really understands what causes seborrheic keratosis, but everyone agrees they are not pretty!
Seborrheic Keratosis Treatment
The Ellman Surgitron provides a quick and effective way to remove seborrheic keratosis without cutting or stitches. The aim with this radiofrequency technology is to provide seborrheic keratosis removal without a perceptible scar.
The Process of Seborrheic Keratosis Removal
Most people decide to get rid of seborrheic keratosis and other skin growths that are either concern for the appearance or because they get irritated by rubbing on clothing etc.
- The first step is to book in for a consultation with Dr Shadi Khalili. There is an $80 consultation fee, but if you decide to proceed with the seborrheic keratosis removal at the appointment, this fee is deducted from the cost of the mole removal.
- Dr Shadi will advise if the lesion needs to be examined by a Skin Cancer Doctor or if she can proceed immediately with removal.
Seborrheic Keratosis Removal Procedure
- The seborrheic keratosis is injected with a local anaesthetic, to numb it during the procedure
- The radiofrequency shaving process should be entirely painless.
- A dressing will be applied after the procedure.
- The treated area should be covered for the entire healing time, 5-7 days on the face and 10 – 14 days on the rest of the body.
Generally only one achieve seborrheic keratosis treatment is required, however sometimes a second and very rarely a third. If you have a darker skin type or history of keloid scarring this could be an issue with seborrheic keratosis removal and Dr Shadi will discuss this and measures to prevent post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation or keloid formation.
Dr Shadi also provides removal for skin tags & cosmetic mole removal.
Call us on 3350 5447 to book a consultation with Dr Shadi.