Hair tattoo treatment is a process of replicating hair follicles onto your scalp. Because micro-pigments are tattooed into the skin, it is also called scalp micropigmentation. It can be used on smaller areas to cover scalp scarring, or only to the hairline (it is then referred to as a hairline tattoo).
At SkinRevision scalp micropigmentation is only one of the treatments we offer for hair loss.
Hair Tattoo or Scalp Micropigmentation for Baldness
The idea of scalp micropigmentation for baldness is to place pigment in areas where your current hair is thinning or bald to create a cosmetic thickening effect.
- Scalp micropigmentation is used as a hair loss treatment when baldness.
- With a shaved head a hairline tattoo creates the illusion of thicker hair.
- With early hair loss, the tiny hair tattoo marks, create the illusion of more density.
Our Cosmetic tattooist Vicky has used micropigmentation for cosmetic tattooing for ten years. However, she uses specialised equipment for a hair tattoo.
What Is Involved in Scalp Micropigmentation?
Scalp micropigmentation takes 3-5 treatment sessions. Consequently, you see a progressive shadowing then filling and blending into your natural hairline.
- Numbing ointment is applied one hour before treatment.
- Numbing the scalp first provides excellent comfort levels.
- Each treatment takes 2-3 hours depending on the area requiring scalp micropigmentation.
Hair Tattoo Colour Match for Hair Tattoo
Vicky uses a mix of inks to colour match to your natural hair. When shaving the hair tattoo looks like stubble of your natural hair and gives a more youthful appearance.
With a new hairline recession, it may only be necessary to tattoo the hairline back. Placing micro-pigment between remaining hairs gives the appearance of thicker hair.
Who is Suitable For Scalp Micropigmentation
Men and women with pattern baldness or alopecia areata. People with alopecia areata also elect to get eyebrow micropigmentation.
Hair Tattoo To Disguise Scarring Post Hair Transplant Surgery
Hair tattooing can also be used to disguise (and help improve) scarring post-FUE and FUT surgery. as well as hair loss from other forms of scalp scarring.
Scalp Micropigmentation Cost
Scalp micropigmentation cost starts from $980 depending on the area requiring hair tattoo. Book in for a free consultation and accurate quote.
You pay $980 per session, or you can purchase a package to bring the scalp micro pigmentation cost down. At the free assessment, Vicky will be able to provide an estimate of the number of sessions you will require.
Single Session: $980
Package 3: $2700
Package 5: $4400
Call Us on 3350 5447 to book a Free Assessment Or Email Any Queries.
Who Is Suitable For Hair Tattoo
Men and women both elect for hair tattoo or hair micropigmentation. It Thinning and receding hairline, as well as baldness, are treated with hair tattoo techniques. Most commonly recommended for male and female pattern hair loss. Once the scalp is bare, it is not possible to use methods to regrow hair, so hair transplant or hair tattoo to cosmetically enhance the appearance are the only options.
Hair transplant is possible, but often the results of hair transplant are disappointing and can leave scarring. Surveys suggest 65% of men undergoing hair transplant are not happy with the result.
Scalp tattoo provides an excellent cosmetic alternative on a shaved head, providing the look of a full head of hair. This results in increased confidence, and more youthful look.
2. Early hair loss, a hairline tattoo can disguise early thinning, or hair micropigmentation to fill in thin areas to give the appearance of more hair. Combining hair micropigmentation with hair loss treatments provides superior results. These procedures include LED light therapy, platelet-rich plasma therapy and topical medications. At SkinRevision our Doctors diagnose and prescribe hair loss treatments.
3. Alopecia Areata with prolonged or permanent hair loss. Restoring patchy to extensive areas of balding with scalp micropigmentation.
How Is The Hairline Tattoo Marked?
A hairline tattoo is marked to replicate the natural line where your hair started to recede. Vicky performs all treatments over 3 or more sessions, to blend the hairline tattoo with your natural hair.