What Are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal Fillers are products injected into the skin for cosmetic enhancement. Filler injections provide your skin with a natural substance found throughout the body that keeps your skin looking young and healthy. Your skin will be more hydrated, elastic, and voluminous. Dermal fillers are also known as cosmetic fillers, filler injections or face fillers.
The first natural face filler was collagen. Collagen is made by your body and is vital to the health of your skin and cell tissue. Modern face fillers include a range of temporary and semi-permanent fillers. At SkinRevision we offer a free assessment to meet with you and determine which one fits your needs.
Dermal fillers can be used to plump thin lips, so they look full, reduce facial wrinkles, fill in unwanted lines, and enhance features on the face such as cheeks, nose or chin.
Why would I choose Cosmetic Fillers over other treatments?
Different cosmetic procedures that are available on the market provide varied results. However, no treatment or injection does it all. Think of your face as three layers – the surface skin, the muscles and the deeper layers of the face (which includes fat and bone). It is in the lower layers where volume loss occurs over time. Dermal fillers treat this volume loss.
When our Doctors assess you, they will look at all three layers before they recommend treatments. Which treatment is best depending on your concerns, e.g., cosmetic fillers will do nothing to help fade skin pigmentation, but it is excellent to rejuvenate lost volume in the midface. Our Doctors draw up a treatment plan according to your concerns.
Dermal Fillers For Cosmetic Enhancement
Volume loss and wrinkles are concerns as we get less young. Volume loss occurs across several areas of the face. You notice this volume loss by the shadow created in the facial area. Volume loss can make you look tired even though you feel fine. It is at these points that treatment with dermal fillers can make a difference.
- Cosmetic fillers are used to replace volume loss from deep layers of the face.
- This is used to treat signs of facial aging.
- It can also be used in the skin, providing hydration and plumping to wrinkles and lines.
- It can also enhance volume or glamorise. Lip, cheek, chin or nose enhancement are simply adding to your natural features.
How Long do Dermal Fillers Last?
How long face fillers last depends on what filler injections are used and what part of the face is being treated. If the part of the face is subject to a lot of movement, this tends to break the cosmetic treatment down more quickly.
- Some filler injections are naturally thicker products and last longer. Whereas very thin dermal fillers break down quickly.
- Lip fillers break down quicker, because of movement in the lips
- Nose fillers and undereye fillers, on the other hand, are not subject to movement and last longer.
Where can Face Fillers Be Used?
Filler injections can be used for rejuvenation or cosmetic enhancement. Fillers are also used on the body for hand rejuvenation and neck wrinkles and lines.
What is involved In Filler Injections?
Most face fillers now have local anaesthetic mixed into the filler. However, topical numbing or local anaesthetic is commonly used to make the treatment comfortable.
Typically the results are immediate; you will see the result once our Doctors are finished, and can get on with your day. There is no downtime.
Our Doctors offer a free consultation so they will go through everything you need to know and what to expect with your filler injections.
Call us on 3350 5447 to book a free consultation with one of our Doctors
Thread Lifting With Aptos – An Alternative To Dermal Fillers
Newly introduced Aptos Threads provide an alternative to dermal fillers for volume replacement and rejuvenation. These include the Aptos thread facelift and specialised threads for volume replacement and lifting across face, neck and body.
Sometimes surgery is the best approach.
Dermal fillers and thread lifts are excellent for non-surgical treatment of mild to moderate volume loss, wrinkles lines and grooves that appear across the face as we age. It is an alternative, not a substitute, to invasive procedures. Some instances require invasive procedures such as a facelift or eyelift. Cosmetic fillers can be used in conjunction with surgical lifting, but the two treatment approaches are not comparable.
Which Areas Can Be Treated With Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are substances that are injected into the skin to either treat signs of facial aging and to enhance or restore a more balanced appearance to facial features. As an anti-aging treatment Facial wrinkles and lines can be injected and facial volume loss can be replaced. However, the most common dermal filler areas are more often about natural enhancement rather than strictly preventing aging.
The 5 Most Common Areas For Facial Fillers.
- Lips & Lip enhancement with lip fillers is the number one area for dermal filler treatment. Lips injections are commonly used as a purely natural enhancement by less young women who want a bigger pout. Lip injections, however, can be a more subtle increase in volume to create more symmetry or to slightly plump lips that have lost volume through aging. Less young women who see treatment for lips wrinkles as facial rejuvenation.
- Nose & Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty. Used to improve the appearance of nose bumps or hooks, flatness of the bridge of the nose or correct asymmetry. Rhinoplasty is one of the most popular surgical treatments, so it is no surprise that as soon as injectable rhinoplasty became a thing, it has grown and continues to grow in popularity. Many, but not all nose concerns can be addressed without surgery.
- Cheeks & Cheek Enhancement. Cheeks are common areas for facial filler. Cheek enhancement is used to replace volume loss in the cheek area. It is one dermal filler area that can achieve a remarkable improvement in cosmetic appearance. Cheek augmentation is also used for young when who want to glamorise their appearance.
- Under eye Fillers – young and less young people get fillers under the eye to lessen the appearance of dark circles, under eye bags, under eye hollows or eye wrinkles.
- Cheek lines & Wrinkles -unlike cheek enhancement, cheek line fillers are about plumping our facial wrinkles. The lower cheek area wrinkles can also be addressed with skin tightening or plasma skin tightening.
Other dermal filler areas include nasolabial lines, marionette lines, cheek lines and other concerns.
Call 3350 5447 For A Free Consultation