‘Smoker’s lines’ is the common term used to describe upper lip lines. They are caused from loss of volume around the mouth and decrease in skin elasticity. Upper lip lines are more common in smokers however other environmental factors such as sun damage also contribute to their formation.
How Do We Treat Lip Wrinkles?
Dermal fillers can be used in the treatment of lip lines. Dermal fillers are injected around the lip to increase definition to the boarder of the lips.
At SkinRevision we offer a free cosmetic consultation.
- You will have an assessment with one of our Doctors
- During this assessment they will discuss treatment options including realistic expectations of the outcome.
- They will discuss what is involved in each treatment including possible side effects
- They will give you a personalised plan and accurate quote so you can make an informed decision on treatment.
Come in for a free assessment to discuss treatment options.
How to treat pigmentation? This depends on what is causing it.
Correct diagnosis is essential before planning treatment.
Common causes of skin pigmentation.
Freckles, age spots, liver spots and brown marks are common terms for skin pigmentation.
1. Sun damage
Brisbane sun has high UV levels so even with protection our exposure is excessive. The result is facial pigmentation, surface capillaries and sun damage. This results in blotchy discolouration, dryness and skin roughness.
Hormal pigmentation results from a combination of oestrogen and sun. Melasma or chloasma caused by pregnancy or the pill has a maplike appearance common on the upper lip, cheeks and forehead.
How To Treat Pigmentation
- Pigmentation from sun damage can be treated with IPL, laser, peels and prescription creams.
- Hormonal pigmentation responds better to skin lightening creams, peels or fractional laser treatments.
- Skin pigmentation will fade with daily sun protection
- During winter months is the best time to treat pigmentation.
Free Consultation To Discuss Your Options
There are treatment options available to help reduce pigmentation and return a more even colour to your skin. At SkinRevision we offer medical grade treatments including IPL and prescription peels and creams. The first step is a free consultation with one of our therapists, nurses or doctors. Once the cause of your pigmentation is diagnosed we can help with treatment options.
Call 3350 5447 For A Free Consultation
EMAIL Us With Any Queries
Book Online With Our Team Now
‘Broken Capillaries’ is a common term used to describe facial capillaries that become visible at the surface of the skin. They can occur on the nose, cheek and chin as part of aging. (Capillaries that occur on the chest can also be treated.)
What makes you more prone to having broken capillaries?
- Having fair skin.
- Sun exposure.
- Hormones of pregnancy and the pill
Treatment Of Facial Capillaries With Intense Pulsed Light.
Intense Pulsed light treatment can be effective to treat facial capillaries. We use the Cutera Limelight IPL for diffuse redness, rosacea, fine facial capillaries as well as isolated capillaries up to about 2 mm thickness.
Free Assessment With Our Therapists.
Call us on 3350 5447 for your free consultation or email any queries.