Understanding what causes acne will help you settle pimples quickly. Ideally, acne treatments address all of the underlying causes of pimples. Kleresca acne treatment has been a game changer for acne treatment, settling active pimples quickly. It is now possible for 90% of acne to be treated without antibiotics or oral retinoids.
Acne the 4 factors that contribute to blemish formation.
1. Increased oil production in the sebaceous (oil) glands- under the influence of hormones.
2. Increased cell production in the oil glands, accumulation of dead cells causing blockage of the gland. This blockage allows the oil in the sebaceous gland to build up causing blackheads when the pore remains open or whiteheads when the pore opening is closed.
3. Bacterial infection with Propionibacterium acnes (or P. acnes) which grows in the oil-rich blocked gland.
4. Inflammation occurs because of the bacterial infection causing redness and swelling- papules. Eventually, the gland can rupture under the skin, and this causes intense inflammation and formation of pustules-pimples. If the blockage is deeper in the skin, cystic nodules can form.
Treatment Of Acne
There is no miracle cure for acne; however, a thorough treatment plan with skin care, prescription treatments and physical therapies can settle acne and prevent scarring.
The recommended treatment depends on the severity and type of acne. Non inflammatory acne with blackheads and whiteheads can respond to peels and extraction facials. Moderate to severe acne can now be successfully treated with Kleresca.
- Prescription medical treatments such as Kleresca can help to treat acne.
- Skin care and prescription creams can be used to unblock pores and reduce inflammation.
- Peels, microdermabrasion, LED light therapy can all help reduce the obstruction or inflammmatory component of acne.
- Severe acne requires referral to a dermatologist.
Call us on 3350 5447 for a free analysis to settle pimples quickly.