Neck wrinkles & lines develop over time from exposure to sun and muscle movement.
The treatment for neck wrinkles and lines depends on the type.
Types Of Neck Wrinkles & Lines.
1. Crisscross & crepey neck wrinkles.
As we get less young the texture of the skin on the neck becomes more crepey or loose. This can be exacerbated by sun damage.
Crepey Neck Wrinkle Treatment
- Vitamin A creams and antioxidants
- Resurfacing with eMatrix
- A fractional laser may also have a place.
2. Neck circular lines or necklace lines
So-called because they look like necklaces. They can occur in younger people. They are caused by movement so can be treated with wrinkle relaxing treatments. Neck line treatment can involve combinations of treatments.
Necklace Line Treatment
- Wrinkle relaxing treatments help smooth necklace lines.
[caption id="attachment_9038" align="alignright" width="438"] *after eMatrix
results are individual.[/caption]
- eMatrix- fractionated rf uses radiofrequency for the treatment of neck lines treatment.
- Vitamin A Creams & Antioxidants improve overall neck skin texture.
3. Cords that stand out on the neck.
As some people get less young they notice vertical bands that stand out on their neck. These are called platysmal bands and once again are caused by muscle movement and loss of fat. These develop naturally over time.
- Best Treated with wrinkle relaxing treatments, called Nefertiti lift.
Neck line treatment with wrinkle relaxing treatments does improve the vertical line appearance as well as giving a lift around the jawline area.
Remember Sun Protection To Prevent Neck Lines
When considering neck wrinkle treatment always remember preventing further damage is important. The skin on the neck and decolletage often gets more sun than your face. Women often wear makeup or remember to put sunscreen on their face but neglect these two areas. The skin on the neck is also thinner than the face and more susceptible. Wear sunscreen daily on your decolletage and neck to prevent neck lines. You can also extend your vitamin A, exfoliants and other anti-aging active ingredients onto your neck, dec and even hands.
Some things that do not work on neck wrinkles & lines.
- IPL & Laser do not help with neck wrinkles & lines. These are good for skin pigmentation or redness.
- Microdermabrasion & /Peels similarly do not help with neck lines.