Microdermabrasion (microderm or micro) is excellent to help settle acne and a first line exfoliating treatment and pick-me-up for skin appearance. Micros are incorporated into facial treatments to even and smooth your skin by exfoliating surface skin cells. Micro’s helps settle acne by unblocking pores and giving your skin a deep clean to rejuvenate and revitalise its appearance. Regular microderms makes a world of difference to your skin.
Microdermabrasion Facial at SkinRevision
Regularly we combine a microdermabrasion facial a with a chemical peel to get a more advanced exfoliating treatments. The combination of superficial Peels (e.g. Lactic, Vitamin A, Glycolic or BHA) delivers a more refined and efficient treatment. We finish the facial with an antioxidant or moisture infusion with the sonography, leaving your skin feeling fresh and revived.
What Does Microdermabrasion Do? Microdermabrasion works by sloughing surface skin cells to exfoliate dry or rough outer layers. Deeper exfoliation in clinic ranges in potency, with micros, considered a first level treatment. Exfoliation is a cornerstone of healthy skin. It is a versatile treatment, targeting areas such as the face, neck and décolletage. Achieve a higher level exfoliation by combining Microderm with peels and extractions.
Does Microdermabrasion Work?
The answer is yes, as long as you are the right candidate. Microdermabrasion is excellent to help settle acne. It also works for minor skin problems or imperfection. Combined with peels they do improve surface texture, tone and skin colour concerns.
- reduce skin pigmentation
- minimise the appearance of finelines and wrinkles,
- lift dull skin tone,
- reduce open or enlarged pores
- help clear blackheads.
However, Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive procedure. It will not remedy acne scars, sagging skin or established wrinkles and it cannot correct facial creases or folds. These need to be addressed with resurfacing, skin tightening, dermal fillers, anti-wrinkle injections and sometimes facelifts.
We offer a consultation at the outset, to assess your skin, and we will honestly tell you what will help with your skin bother. Call Us on 3350 5447 To Book A Free Consultation.
Microdermabrasion for Acne
Microdermabrasion is excellent for helping to eliminate hormonal breakouts, pimples and acne. Working to remove clogged or congested pores for a clean and clear skin. We would recommend trialling this more natural approach to settling acne, before diving into medical treatments. We combine our micro’s with peels for more advanced exfoliation.
*Consider SKINDNA testing if you have a family history of more severe acne, there may be clues in your genes to help prevention.
Microdermabrasion for acne scars
The only way micros can help with acne scarring to prevent it!
Microdermabrasion is not an effective treatment for acne scars. It can contribute to polishing the surface appearance however it will not penetrate to the dermis and initiate repair. We treat acne scars with a range of more advanced medical treatments. Radiofrequency resurfacing with eMatrix, laser scar treatment, PRP therapy, skin needling or subcision are effective. Dermal filler is also used to improve the cosmetic appearance of acne scarring.
What is Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive procedure that exfoliates the outmost layer of skin cells to reveal healthier deeper layers. It works by two actions; the first is vacuum suction which draws the skin into contact with the second, a gentle ‘abrasive’ component.
The suction action helps to unclog pores and clear congestion, making it ideal to help settle pimples, acne and hormonal breakouts.
The gentle exfoliation of the outmost layer of skin cells improves the glow and appearance of your skin by revealing healthier deeper layers. It is a non-invasive, non-chemical exfoliation.
The original ‘abrasion’ was ‘dermabrasion’ this more aggressive treatment is not used in modern cosmetic medicine.
Why Choose SkinRevision?
SkinRevision is a speciality cosmetic medicine clinic with over ten years of experience in the industry. We understand skin and treatments that help with your skin bothers. We offer advanced medical grade treatments to treat acne scars, wrinkles, lines, pigmentation and a range of skin concerns. Microdermabrasion is excellent to help settle acne and a first line exfoliating treatment and pick-me-up for skin appearance. But when there are real issues more advanced skin treatments are indicated.
To book your free assessment get in touch with our team today.
- It lessens the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by ongoing exfoliation.
- Gives a softer texture to thickened or rough skin.
- Creates a smoother appearance for flaky dry skin, exfoliating dead skin and allowing moisture to penetrate effectively.
- Helps improve skin appearance by minimising pores and clearing blackheads.
- Helps clear acne prone skin by clearing pore congestion.
Microdermabrasion is painless. You will feel a mild scratching on your skin. This can cause mild facial redness, so we finish our microdermabrasion treatments with sono, which tends to sooth any redness before you leave the clinic.
1. For resurfacing and skin textural concerns, sublative radiofrequency such as etwo. Penetrates into the dermal layer providing better results. Sublative radiofrequency improves the texture and surface appearance of sun damage quicker. Generally 4 treatments are required though sometimes up to 6 may be needed.
2. Chemical Peels. Vitamin A peels is more appropriate for addressing pigmentation as well as skin texture concerns from sun damage. This peel takes 15 mins and generally provides full face flaking within the week. Generally 3 may be required.
3. Fractional lasers, skin needling, PRP are more effective for improving skin texture, tone and quality. These have more down time and cost more but provide superior results with fewer treatments.
4. PRP facial ‘Vampire Facial’ for skin rejuvenation.
5. Combinations of microdermabrasion with glycolic peels allows deeper penetration of peels.
6. Pigmenation is better treated with IPL, laser or chemical peels
Diamond microdermabrasion uses suction, drawing the skin to a diamond tipped wand. The wand is moved across the skin to exfoliate gently. Diamond Microderm is newer than crystal spray and the big evolution in facials. In recent years there have been attempts to improve treatment outcomes with combination facial treatments.