Microdermabrasion is used to treat skin texture concerns & acne.
- Multiple treatments are required.
- Microdermabrasion is a superficial treatment
- Microdermabrasion can be used to treat the face, neck & décolletage
- Medical treatments such as peels, radiofrequency, lasers and IPL can be used in combination to gain more benefit.
- It lessens the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by ongoing exfoliation.
- Gives a softer texture to thickened or rough skin.
- Creates a smoother appearance for flaky dry skin, exfoliating dead skin and allowing moisture to penetrate effectively.
- Helps improve skin appearance by minimising pores and clearing blackheads.
- Helps clear acne prone skin by clearing pore congestion.
Microdermabrasion treatment uses suction to draw skin into contact with a diamond tip to remove surface layers of dead skin.
Although Microdermabrasion has been around for nearly 25 years it remains popular. It is painless, there is no down time and provides a skin pick me up. However there are many more modern treatments that often provide better results.
At SkinRevision we combine microdermabrasion with superficial peels and sonography. The microdermabrasion prepares the skin, allowing the peels to penetrate effectively, while the sonography helps active ingredients and antioxidants to sooth.
1. Microdermabrasion can be very effective to help speed acne settling. It should not be used in lieu of medical treatments but in combination.
2. Skin Texture concerns from sun damage and aging.
Microdermabrasion is painless. You will feel a mild scratching on your skin. This can cause mild facial redness, so we finish our microdermabrasion treatments with sono, which tends to sooth any redness before you leave the clinic.
1. For resurfacing and skin textural concerns, sublative radiofrequency such as etwo. Penetrates into the dermal layer providing better results. Sublative radiofrequency improves the texture and surface appearance of sun damage quicker. Generally 4 treatments are required though sometimes up to 6 may be needed.
2. Chemical Peels. Vitamin A peels is more appropriate for addressing pigmentation as well as skin texture concerns from sun damage. This peel takes 15 mins and generally provides full face flaking within the week. Generally 3 may be required.
3. Fractional lasers, skin needling, PRP are more effective for improving skin texture, tone and quality. These have more down time and cost more but provide superior results with fewer treatments.
4. Combinations of microdermabrasion with glycolic peels allows deeper penetration of peels.
5. Pigmenation is better treated with IPL, laser or chemical peels
Will Microdermabrasion Help You?
We offer a free consultation of your skin concerns with a skin analysis. In this assessment we can provide you with your options, the number of treatments required, downtime and cost involved so you can decide.
Microdermabrasion combined with peels and sonography remains a useful tool. For some skin concerns, it is worth considering medical treatments.
Our clinic is conveniently located in Chermside, North Brisbane. There is no obligation with the assessment so it is usually best to call us on 3350 5447 to book a free assessment at the outset.