Body sculpting encompasses a broad range of treatment approaches and lifestyle interventions. The definition of body sculpting includes the removal of fat using surgical and non-surgical body contouring procedures. Non-surgical body sculpting includes Cryo-lipolysis (Coolsculpting, Cooltech and Clatuu) and surgical procedures such as liposuction and abdominoplasty (tummy tuck).
Non-Surgical Body Contouring
For some of us, diet and exercise are not enough to shift those stubborn areas of fat and give you the body sculpting you desire. Over there last decade there have been non-surgical alternatives to treat unwanted pockets of fat. This has not replaced liposuction but has provided an alternative approach for non-surgical body sculpting.
We offer a range of body sculpting techniques to help you along the way. Starting with a free assessment at the outset to determine which treatment approach would help you with your body contouring.
We Use A Range Of Body Sculpting Techniques
We offer a range of surgical and non-surgical body sculpting techniques to help you. We specialise in the art of non-surgical body sculpting from the neck down. Our lady Doctor, Dr Shadi Khalili performs liposuction surgery and fat transfer as well as prescribing the HCG diet.
Non-surgical body sculpting and Liposuction.
1. Cryo-Lipolysis or fat freezing, spot reduction and body contouring. The ideal candidate is close to ideal BMI (less than 30)for spot reduction of unwanted fat. Works best on stubborn areas of fat. Can be used in all areas including chin. (Small to medium deposits ideal)
2. Vanquish ME or fat heating works better for people with higher BMI (treats people with BMI 30), although any belly fat and thigh fat will get a response. Useful with soft buttery fat around the tummy. Suitable for (medium to larger areas)
3. Liposuction; Dr Shadi provides consultation for liposuction. Liposuction is a surgical body sculpting technique. It involves going into a theatre with anaesthetic and therefore there is downtime etc. However, it can be used if you have larger areas of fat for body sculpting. Dr Shadi provides a free consultation to find out the cost.
Dr Shadi currently provides liposuction for $3950 per area, which is approximately 25% off usual pricing.
4. HCG diet: Most suitable for rapid weight loss, this prescription only diet is a very low-calorie diet supported by prescription HCG. Highly effective for men and women. Dr Shadi Khalili offers a free consultation at the outset to find out about the HCG diet.
What happens to the fat, body sculpting vs weight loss?
Weight loss with disciplined diet and exercise shrink the fat cells whereas the aim of liposuction and non-invasive body sculpting is to reduce the number of fat cells.
- Liposuction does this by physical means ie the number of fat cells in the area are reduced because they are physically sucked out, or destroyed.
- The aims of Cryo-lipolysis treatment is to freeze the cells to a point where they undergo apoptosis and are eliminated by natural body processes, Cryolipolisis helps to reduce the number of fat cells in stubborn areas making it ideal for non-surgical body contouring
- Vanquish ME aims to heat the cells to a point of apoptosis.
- HCG shrinks the fat cells as usual dieting. Triglycerides stored in the fat cells are broken down and release for use as energy.
What Does this mean for your body sculpting choices?
Once you reach your teenage years it is very hard for your body to grow extra fat cells (lipogenesis). Up until this age, gaining weight can be in the form of producing more fat cells. This explains why people who have been overweight as children have a predisposition to higher BMI, they simply have more fat cells.
- Fat is an essential protective mechanism for our body to store extra energy, and a little of it actually makes us look healthier. With a normal BMI, an average adult has something like 30 million fat cells.
- Losing or gaining weight does not affect this number, rather the fat cells shrink or expand.
- With liposuction and non-surgical body sculpting the aim is to reduce the number of fat cells.
Though you do not need to follow any diet or exercise plan with liposuction and non-surgical body contouring, if you do gain weight during or after treatments, your remaining fat cells expand. The fat cells in untreated areas remain the same. This also means that spot treatment is an excellent choice for body sculpting and contouring.