Double Chin is an accumlation of fat beneath the jaw. (Also known as submental fat accumlation). New treatments on the market to treat this concern include cryo-lipolysis and injections.
1. Cryo-lipolysis For Double Chin.
Cryo-lipolysis uses a machine to freeze the area of unwanted fat.
One or sometimes two treatments are required to reduce under chin fat.
Cryo-lipolysis for double chin at SkinRevision costs 630 per treatment.
Call 3350 5447 To Book A Free Assessment
2. Injection Into The Double Chin.
A new injection called Kybella is designed to treat submental fat. This is not available in Australia currently.
- The area double chin area is injected directly
- Two to three treatments may be required
What Causes a Double Chin?
- Most common contributing factors are aging or genetics.
- Weight gain and hormone imbalances both contribute to double chin.
Who Is Suitable For Treatment With Cryo-lipolysis
If you are bothered by fat under the chin, you may be suitable for treatment. If you have concerns with submental fat:
- It makes you look older or heavier
- You don’t want to have surgery
- You eat well and exercise, but submental fullness persists
What To Expect When Treating The Chin
- A cold gel covered cloth is placed over the double chin.
- The small hand piece is placed under the chin and vacuum is applied.
- You will feel tightness and cold as the vacuum sucks the submental fat
- This disappears some minutes after the treatment is initiated.
How Does Cryo-lipolysis Work?
Cryo-lipolysis is a treatment that freezes unwanted fat.
Is The Treatment Painful?
There is some discomfort during and after the treatment.
- You can return to work immediately.
After the treatment, there can be redness, bruising tenderness or pain, funny sensations to the skin such as pins and needles.
What Areas Can Be Treated?
As well as the chin, abdomen, hips, thighs, abductors, flanks, knees, arms and buttocks can be treated.
How many treatments will I need?
1-3 sessions in the same area every 6-8 weeks. When you have your free assessment the Doctor/ Nurse will be able to tell you how many treatments are required.
How Long Is The Treatment?
It is recommended to proceed during 70 minutes for each treatment.
When Will The Results Be Visible?
This varies with individuals but we recommend 3 months to assess the outcome.
We recommend drinking plenty of water minimum 2 litres
We recommend following a healthy low sugar/ carb diet and normal exercising to maintain results.
Who Would Not Be Suitable
Contra-indications to treatment include:
- Recent surgery to the area.
- Current infection.
- Medical condition I the neck area.
- You have trouble swallowing.
- Bleeding disorder.
- You react to cold.
- You are pregnant or breast feeding.