Acne Scar Treatment With eMatrix
Acne scar treatment can involve a number of different approaches including fractional resurfacing, lasers, radio-frequency, dermal fillers and Dermapen. The most appropriate treatment depends on the type of scarring.
We offer the eMatrix radio-frequency. The eMatrix works by creating a deep dermal injury to stimulate your skins own healing process to lay down new collagen to repair areas of scarring. We offer a free consultation to assess your suitability for this treatment. During the consultation we will explain fully what is involved in the treatment and what to expect before, during and after treatment.
eMatrix radio-frequency (RF) acne scar treatment helps settle residual acne. Generally you will need 3-4 treatments spaced every 4 weeks, although for more severe scarring more treatments may be indicated. The results of treatments are progressive.
The eMatrix can be used to treat acne scars even in darker or Asian skin types. There can be a more prolonged reaction in darker skin types, but this is variable.
Treating young acne scars give better results, though improvement even in older scarring can be seen.
- Immediately after treatment your face is intensely red and hot.
- The heat settles over a couple of hours but the redness persists for generally up to 2 days.
- Rarely the redness lasts longer.
- By day 3 you will notice a fine brown grid like reaction on your skin which disappears after about 7 days on the face or up to 2 weeks on other body parts.
- Improvement in the acne scars starts to become noticeable after 4- 6 weeks.
- We will take photographs so you can assess your progress
Free Assessment With Our Team
We offer an obligation free consultation with our Doctors, Nurses and Therapist for you to discuss which treatments will help with your concerns. We assess your suitability for the treatment as well as give you information on what is involved before, during and after treatment.